CMET – CPL Meteorology examination
Time permitted 1 hours 30 minutes. Pass mark, not less than 70%
Aspeq Invigilation fee $89.70 + CASA fee $65 = $154.70
|Permitted material required to be supplied by the candidate:
A candidate may use either the Airservices List, OR the Jeppesen List of permitted materials ONLY. All other combinations of materials are NOT permitted.
|Permitted material to be provided by the Invigilator with the examination, which must be returned on completion of the examination.
Pen, pencil, ruler, eraser and scribble pad only.
Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) Meteorology exam - CMET
The CASA allocated time for CMET is 90 minutes. The average time taken for candidates to complete the exam is almost 76 minutes. CASA has assessed that the allocated time is adequate.
Pass percentage and pass rate
The percentage score required for a pass is 70%.
|% Score band||Pass rate|
|0 - 54
|55 - 59
|60 - 64
|65 - 69
|70 - 74
|75 - 79
Common errors which we noted were:
- Stability and how it affects the weather
- Winds, backing, veering and wind shear
- Air masses and fronts
- Inversions, fog and mist
- Thunderstorms and microbursts
- Decoding of forecasts, in particular TAFs and TTFs where there are periods such as INTER, TEMPO or FM included.
- Area and aerodrome forecasts – It would appear that some candidates could have been misapplying the appropriate UTC time to the given flight scenario.
- Aerodrome Forecasts – Where both TTF and TAF have been issued for an aerodrome, it would appear that some candidates appear not to understand which applies.